Friday, March 5, 2010

Phoenix first friday is no longer worth even a glance. It's dead.

According to Phoenix PD, somebody has BOUGHT Roosevelt, and is allowed to make up their own rules.

Evidently, those rules state that if you are not a customer, you'd better be paying the owner of Roosevelt.


My right to perform for money is protected under the same laws and precedents that allow people like Phoenix's Mayor Phil Gordon to make public speeches while on the clock.
It is not illegal to perform for money on public property. (Vending is another story.)

Tonight, I was told I MUST remove myself and my props (even after stopping my show and agreeing not to perform any more) from the street. or else suffer time in jail.
Since I have no lawyer, I packed up, took the 300 dollar loss, and looked around.

Phoenix's first Friday has sacrificed art and creativity for snow cones and hemp necklaces.

It's despicable, and the Cut Throat Freak Show will not be back without an apology. -Jeremy Kinison

Posted via email from Cut Throat Freak Show

No comments:

Post a Comment